Release Notes for 9/14/2012
[ GAME ]
– Added third-person gunshot flinch reaction animations for all players
– Molotovs and incendiary grenades now explode in mid air if they haven’t touched the ground after a small amount of time has passed
– Molotovs and incendiary grenades now no longer throw shorter than the other grenade types
– Fixed grenades bouncing really high if you threw them straight at the ground
– Fixed grenades that don’t have a timer (like the smoke) not detonating if they found a spot to continually bounce and not touch what was considered “the ground”
– Fixed a bug in bullet penetration where a bullet would penetrate walls much thicker than intended when the first brush the bullet hit was a detail brush.
– Fixed a rare case when server reservation would not load correct map on official servers
– Flipped MP7 viewmodel fire selector from safety to full-auto
[ UI ]
– Fixed spectator glows not updating state often enough which could allow glows to show at the wrong time
– Fixed player target ID names not showing properly in some cases when observing/spectating
– Fixed the spectator UI showing in Arms Race
– Fixed player not auto observing their killer after the death camera if no bot was available to take over
– Fixed round in spectator screen not updating if you connected mid round
– If all players on a team share the same team tag, the scoreboard and spectator team names will display the players’ team name (steam group name)
– Improved rendering performance of text UI elements
[ COMMUNITY ]
– Added default loading screen for direct connects and custom maps that shows loading progress
– Fixed server console say command to deliver text to all connected clients
– sv_password can now be set on community dedicated servers when they have no players connected and will be enforced.
– Matchmaking: blocking relationships do not prevent direct server joins, they only filter during matchmaking
– sv_pure: VPK files contain the necessary hashes so the dedicated servers do not need to compute them at startup but can be checked with the command “sv_pure_checkvpk”
Release Notes for CS:GO update 2012-08-30
Finally some good news!
[ Gameplay ]
– Adjusted footstep volume fade out and maximum audible distance to match source/1.6.
– Increased default Casual match length to 15 rounds.
– Fixed an issue that caused the AWP to zoom to the wrong level after reloading.
– Tuned flinch aimpunch values.
– Fixed a bug in the penetration code that incorrectly determined the exit spot as being not solid when it was which allowed penetrating much further than it should have.
[ UI ]
– Added x-ray vision of own teammates for dead players.
– Added new spectator UI that shows both team’s active weapon, player name, health, armor, etc, when spectating a 10 player match.
– Added a new convar “sv_competitive_official_5v5″ that:
o Forces a match to display 5v5 scoreboards regardless of maxplayers setting ( Allows setting maxplayers to 12 to allow spectators into a 5v5 match ).
o Allows connected spectators to see both teams in x-ray.
– Added support for international characters in play with friends lobby chat.
– Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to reset its mouse position when clicking on the UI when the window didn’t have focus.
– Fixed being able to open the radio menu when you were an observer.
– You can’t toggle the scoreboard in half-time now
– Fixed the scoreboard win animation firing before the scoreboard was told to come up in the end match state and was usually missed
– The countdown timer now flashes prior to the start of a match.
[ General ]
– Reduced frequency of polling server console to save CPU.
– Fixed a rare crash when applying decals.
– Significantly improved precision of dedicated server frames to match tickrate.
– Clamped dedicated server fps to match quantized tickrate.
– Fixed two exploits. One that would allow players to see out of smoke with much more clarity than players could see them if they were boosted up while inside the smoke volume. Also made the smoke a tad shorter/smaller. Two, fixed players being able to see through a few trains out of the corner of their screens on de_train and de_train_se. Thanks Volcano.
– Fixed messages in scoreboard overlapping at end match.
– To pass a vote in competitive mode, all eligible voters minus one must now vote yes
[ Community Servers ]
– Fixed cases when values of some convars set on community servers would not correctly replicate to clients.
– Game modes configuration file now specifies cfg files to exec instead of keyvalue pairs of convars to make it easier for server operators to configure their game modes. To tweak game modes it would be sufficient to provide gamemode_competitive_server.cfg and _server.cfg files for other game modes which will exec after stock cfg files.
– Linux: running srcds_run with -autoupdate will now update the server during hibernation, in addition to changelevel.
– Fixed an issue that was limiting connectivity to community servers to only 25 players.
– Deprecated mp_ggtr_rounds_per_half. Use mp_maxrounds instead.
– Changed timelimit matches to stop at round end instead of exactly when the limit expires.
Let’s test Zombiemod?
NEW IP: 220.127.116.11:27017
Release notes for 8/23 Update
With a little lateness ..
[ Gameplay ]
– Exposed a classic dynamic crosshair style in the options that represents the weapons spread accurately.
– Implemented first person client flinching. Now a player gets aim punched a bit when shot. The amount is based on the damage.
– Increased amount of tagging that results from hits.
[ Bugs ]
– Fixed the scoreboard turning toggleable in the end match state.
– fixed not being able to bring up the pause menu without dismissing the scoreboard in the end match state.
– Parallelized matchmaking results analysis process and reduced time game takes to perform matchmaking.
– Improved matchmaking algorithm giving more weight to dedicated servers ping during matchmaking results analysis.
[ Community ]
– Removed the implicit dependency on round-limited matches so servers that want to use mp_timelimit instead can. Mp_timelimit is used only if mp_maxrounds is set to 0.
– Exposed mp_forcecamera convar.
– Exposed set of server hibernate convars.
– Fixed code that was preventing mapper-placed weapons.
Release notes for 8/22 Update
– Addressed some stability issues.
– Fixed perf issues when logging is enabled.
– Added a convar (cl_crosshairgap) to control the gap of the classic crosshair.
– The smoke grenade smoke is now taller so it’s now more useful to use it to block places like double-doors in dust2.
– Players can no longer interrupt another player defusing the bomb by standing in between them and the bomb.
– Disabled sv_pure on listen servers.
– Fixed an sv_pure bug that resulted in false inconsistent MD5s
– Increased search iterations and time delay for keeping sessions in the ignored pool. mm_ignored_sessions_reset can now reset the ignored pool.
– Fixed a case where MOTD prevents input to the team select screen.
– Fixed occasional “server is full” error when matchmaking into classic casual games.
– Fixed an exploit where a vote could be called for an invalid map.
– added some sound mix settings suggested by pros
– increased the volume of bullet impacts and ricochets
– increased the volume of 3rd person footsteps
– increased the volume of weapon foley sounds (reloads, etc.)
-decreased the volume of ambient sounds
– Added steamcmd support to srcds_run. In order to have srcds_run auto-update when the CS:GO dedicated servers get patched, the srcds_run script must be run with the following options: -autoupdate -steam_dir STEAMDIR -steamcmd_script STEAMSCRIPT
where STEAMDIR is the directory to the steamcmd dir ( example: ~/Steam/ )
where STEAMSCRIPT is the name of the script that steamcmd should execute ( example: ~/Steam/csgo.txt )
For information on how to create a script for steamcmd, see https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter- Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers#Automating_SteamCmd
Release notes for 8/20 Update
• Added the Weapons Course to the game.
• Voice notification can now show more players talking.
• Updated the freeze panel to no longer show the heath for your killer in competitive mode.
• Added an option in the menu to disable the game instructor messages.
• Update to the player info panel to no longer show achievement alerts.
• Update to the leaderboard screen to default to “Friends” filter.
• Added the “Total Games Played” leaderboard category.
• Updated the Play With Friends screen:
— Made the chat window bigger so text is no longer cut off.
— Adjusted the size of dimming when the focus changes between friends list and lobby list. It used to obscure the friends list and a little of the chat. Now it only obscures the friends list.
• Updated the radio command panel so that the radio panel doesn’t end up at the top of the screen during a mode that doesn’t have a money panel.
• Set Classic Casual deadtalk to 0 to encourage fair play.
• Fixed the freeze panel dynamic positioning that would allow it to go too high.
• Fixed a missing text string displayed when player is not connected to Steam in leaderboards.
• Fixed a bug where the Mag7 could be bought by Ts via console commands.
• Fixed a bug where adding favorite server was not functional in the Community Server UI.
• Fixed a bug in the Play With Friends lobby where using left and right on keyboard or gamepad made the screen unresponsive.
• Fixed a bug in the Play With Friends lobby where typing in the Chat window would cause player names to flicker in the friends list.
• Fix for voice/chat/radio messages. Better unified the handling of voice and chat messages.
— Chat messages now correctly use sv_allchat (instead of sv_alltalk), which should be more consistent with other source games.
— Team-only communications now are not affected by sv_allchat/sv_alltalk, which means that private communications to one’s team stay private, regardless of game mode.
— Team-only communication is also not overridden by sv_full_alltalk, which allows teams to privately communicate strategy during warmup time and intermission.
— Radio commands are considered team-only, so these should still be usable for tactics during games with sv_alltalk enabled (e.g. casual).
— Spectators no longer hear team-only communications, except when sv_spec_hear is mode 2 (hear/see comms of the spectated teams).
• Increased the audible range of the c4 plant and disarm sounds.
• Fixed audio randomly chirping/screeching on certain levels.
• Tuned lobby distance computations when performing matchmaking.
• Exposed a convar (“mm_csgo_community_search_players_min”) for community quick match to look for community servers having at least specified number of human players already playing.
• Shipped zombie model to support the Zombie Mod
CS:GO Server: 18.104.22.168:27017 to look what’s new..
CS:GO doesn’t launch alone next week. When we go live next Tuesday, we will have some brain chomping walking dead joining us. The guys over at plaguefest.com have been working with us to get Zombie Mod working on CS:GO and it’s ready!
It was important to us as we developed CS:GO to make sure it was as moddable and extensible as any CS game. So this is just one of many mods that will be available to CS:GO in the coming months. Are you actively developing a mod for CS:GO? Let us know.